APPLY FOR VENTURE UP 2017!
|1 September||Applications open|
|26 September||Applications close|
|26-30 September||Phone Interviews|
|3-7 October||Reference checks|
|10 October||Finalists contacted|
|21 October||Participants announced|
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO
Our Programme Manager, Oliviah Theyers-Collins, is happy to chat about any questions you may have about the programme or the application process:
p: 021 127 2726
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
What does this cost?
Venture Up is fully funded, meaning there are no programme costs. During your six-weeks in the Venture Up programme, your accommodation will be covered and you’ll get fed two meals each day. All you have to do is arrange your own transport to and from the programme and any other personal expenses.
Do I have to apply as a team?
Applications are for individuals. You’ll get into a team during the first week of the programme and decide on the business idea that your group will work on.
Can I bring my own ideas?
Absolutely, in fact you’ll be asked to bring at least one idea of your own or you can pitch your existing business if you prefer.
Who are you looking for?
Venture Up is a programme that isn’t just for the ‘Straight A student’ or the kids who started a lemonade stand when they were six years old. We look for a mix of the following qualities:
- interested in business or personal leadership development
- open-minded and a great listening skills
- empathy and respect for others
- a knack for taking in large amounts of information and filtering the important stuff
- hunger to learn and try new things
How many spots are available for Venture Up 2017?
We’ll have limited spots available, and will be finalising this number soon. Expect there to be around 40 students who will make it into the 2017 programme, so make sure you spend time making your application awesome.
What can I expect to get out of Venture Up?
- This is no summer break holiday. You’ll be working full time, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday during your six weeks with Venture Up.
- The majority of your time will be spent building a real business, throughout which you’ll learn practical tools and frameworks from NZ’s leading entrepreneurs and really get to know the people in your Venture Up cohort. You’ll be really tight by the end of the programme.
- Your weekends are free to explore the city, relax with friends, or - if you’re a true Venture Upper - spend extra time building that business.
- At the end of Venture Up there will be a Showcase event, where your team will pitch your business to an audience of friends, family, and business & investment communities. If this sounds nerve-wrecking, don’t worry. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to build your confidence and practice your pitching during the programme. We’re a supportive group here at Venture Up!
- You’ll leave with skills & knowledge you never dreamed possible, connections & relationships with some of the best in the business, and the confidence to take your next steps in business, uni or whatever you choose to do…